What types of things can I buy with the Ohio Direction Card?
You can buy food, as well as seeds and plants to grow food using your Ohio Direction Card. Remember, stores must have a license to accept the Ohio Direction Card.
If you do not see an Ohio Direction Card sign or you are not certain that the store has a license to accept the card, check with the store manager or a cashier before doing your shopping.
You can buy prepared meals with the Ohio Direction Card ONLY if the meals are:
- Prepared and brought by a food service (such as Meals on Wheels) that delivers meals to the household. The food service must have a license to accept the Ohio Direction Card.
- Prepared and served by a drug and alcohol treatment center or a group home.
- Prepared and served by a shelter for homeless or domestic violence victims and their children.
- Served by an agency which provides dining to people who are age 60 or over.
You CANNOT use the Ohio Direction Card to buy:
- Alcoholic drinks
- Hygiene products
- Cigarettes and tobacco products
- Pet food
- Paper goods
- Household goods such as cleaning supplies
- Food that will be eaten in the grocery store
- Hot foods that are ready to eat in the grocery store
- Food sold to be heated while you are still in the grocery store
- Most other items that are not food