Your child support order and medical support order may be reviewed every 36 months at the request of either party.
- The CSEA has 15 days from the date that we receive the request to respond. When members of the Uniform Services request a temporary adjustment as a result of being called to active duty the CSEA has 3 business days to respond. The CSEA will send notification of the date of the scheduled desk review or a denial notice if the case does not meet the above listed criteria and it has not been 36 months since the last modification. Each party will be given 45 days to submit the necessary documentation to complete the review. Upon completion the caseworker will send to both parties the Administrative Recommendation. A modification can take anywhere from 60-180 days to complete depending on the circumstances of the case.
- No, the Administrative Review is a desk review and does not require your presence.
- No,please send copies of all requested documents. The CSEA scans/images all documents and destroys all original documents: your originals may be shredded.
- The investigator will send a subpoena to the non requesting party with a specific date for them to submit the documentation. If the non requesting party still does not provide the CSEA with the documentation,the case will be referred to our legal team and will be set for a court hearing.
- Each party has a right to object to the Administrative Recommendation and must submit their objection in writing within 14 days after receiving the recommendation. Your case will be scheduled for an Administrative Hearing or may be referred directly to court depending on the circumstances.
- Each party will be given an opportunity to testify to each item on the Guidelines Worksheet. Each party should bring all documentation that they submitted to the caseworker for the desk review and should bring any new evidence that may be relevant to the case. The Administrative Hearing Officer will listen to all testimony and re-review all of the documentation before making a decision. An Administrative Hearing Decision will then be sent to both parties.
- Upon receipt of the Administrative Hearing Decision if you do not agree you may submit an objection within 14 days. Your case will then be set for a court hearing.
- The Modification is complete when the final order has been filed with the appropriate court.
Child Support Calculator
Knowledge of the financial circumstances of both parties as well as an understanding of Ohio family law and Ohio and federal tax law is necessary to complete the worksheet with complete accuracy. A court, attorney, or child support enforcement agency may have a different interpretation of the specific enterable data for this worksheet, as there can be a degree of subjectivity. If you have questions about child support or the Ohio child support guidelines, you should consider contacting an attorney.