The Prevention, Retention, Contingency (PRC) program helps families residing in Fairfield County overcome immediate employment-related barriers.
The goal is to help families achieve or maintain self-sufficiency. Ultimately, the program lessens the need for ongoing public assistance, by ensuring that the adults of the families stay employed.
The PRC program can help provide:
- Gas vouchers for those who newly employed or have a job offer
- Uniforms, tools and other hardware needed for individuals to obtain or keep a job
- Car repair for employed individuals working a minimum of 25 hours a week
The PRC program is not a cash payment and not ongoing support. To learn more about cash assistance, visit the cash assistance page.
- To be considered for the PRC program applicants must be 18 years old or older, have at least one dependent child under 18 in the household (19 if the child has not graduated high school) or be pregnant and meet income requirements.
An application is needed for this program and eligibility is evaluated on a case by case basis. Click here to print the PRC Application. The PRC Program may also require a 50% co-pay to be made by the customer in order to qualify.
For additional information regarding the eligibility and requirements for the PRC please contact our Call Center at 740-652-7889.
- It is easy to become a vendor for the PRC Program. If you own a property or business and an individual asks if you will accept a PRC Voucher, here is what you need to know:
- PRC is a Emergency Assistance Program that offers short-term help to families in need. All individuals interested in PRC must apply and be found eligible.
- Vendors read Vendor Letter and then complete W9 ,and the OPERS Independent Contractor Acknowledgement and return them to the agency to be added to the Vendor List.
- Once both forms are completed and returned, the Vendor is added to a master list of individuals/businesses who will accept PRC Vouchers.
- If the individual is found eligible for the PRC, a PRC Voucher is issued to the vendor. This voucher must be signed and returned with a bill or invoice within 30 days so payment is issued promptly.
- Once the voucher is returned to the agency with an original bill or invoice, it can take up to 30 days for payment to be sent from the Fairfield County Auditor’s Office.